Annual County-Wide Spring Clean-Up:
The 2017 Spring Clean-up will be held April 29, 2017. If you or your organization would like to participate in the 2017 Clean-Up you can contact us at the following numbers: Avon - Sam Paledino - (317)272-0948 Brownsburg - Lisa Christie http://bit.ly/1DGxDMN Danville - Barry Lofton - (317)945-6071 Pittsboro - Chris York - (317)339-5092 Plainfield - Shannon Swan - (317)839-3490 Hendricks County - Candi Donaldson - firstname.lastname@example.org or (317)745-9617
2017 SWCD Annual Meeting:
Date: February 07, 2017 Time: 6:30 pm Location: Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Center. For more information contact Marlene Raisor - 745-2555.
Storm Drain Marking:
Do you want to see your neighborhood marked? Do you have a group that wants to mark storm drains?Get involved in helping prevent non-point pollution by marking storm drains "No Dumping – Drains to Waterways". Adults and children will be introduced to watersheds and learn where our stormwater goes. We provide the program and supplies. You provide the people. (Patches are available for Scout Troops that are interested in this community service project.)
Tox Away Days
- April 08, 2017- Brownsburg High School - 8am to 1pm (Enter from Odell Street)
- May 20, 2017 - Hendricks County Fairgrounds 8am to 1pm (Enter from East Main Street)
- July 29,2017 - Hickory Elementary School - 8am - 1pm (Enter from State Road 267)
- September 16, 2017 - Hendricks County Fairgrounds - 8am - 1pm (Enter from East Main Street)
- October 21, 2017 - Plainfield Middle School - 8am - 1pm (Enter from Longfellow Drive)
If you would like more information about discarding your old medication or household hazardous waste please contact Amy Sieferman at the Hendricks County Solid Waste Management District at 317-858-6070
Gardening for All Ages
Gardening for All Ages will be held on April 22, 2017 at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds. We will have a booth with free promotional items as well as rain garden, rain barrel, 2017 Tox -Away Day information, flooding brochures, soil health and water quality brochures/information, and trees.